New in 3.0.10
Recover Lost Router Passwords
Automatically Login to your Router
Find Multiple Routers
Network Configuration and Router Password Recovery Tools
News and Release Notes
Version 3.0.10 Released
October 23, 2016
This is a major release and features the first release of our new Find Password App. Changes include:
- Incudes new Find Password App.
- Network Utilities reskinned to handle more buttons on the Tools page.
- Added new commands to PfConfig to support more advanced routers.
- Includes lists of default router usernames and passwords for attempting auto login.
- All server side support rewritten.
Version 3.0.5 Released
August 23, 2016
This is mostly a reskin of Network Utilities as well as some minor bug fixes discovered in support. Changes include:
- Fixed a bug that Tad found that was affecting framed routers on a second run.
- Minor improvements to the ticket number logs to make them easier to read.
- The GUI for Network Utilities is now resizable with a sizing handle at the bottom right corner.
- Logic improvements in PFConfig for some new commands.
Version 3.0.4 Released
July 22, 2016
This is a minor revision to address some new problems that came about with the last frame handling change. Changes include:
- Frame handling changes now persist from page to page, previously they were only working for the first page visited in routers.
- HTML Document parsing gained an additional brain cell :) Now it is smart enough to handle a failure and parses all the pages across frames.
Version 3.0.3 Released
July 2, 2016
This is a bug fix release to fix a problem that tedie discovered in some frame based routers while supporting customers. Changes include:
- Frame handling code can now restric which frames it controls.
- HTML Document parsing now returns more data to parse.
Version 3.0.1 Released
May 18, 2016
This version adds some new features for some new router behavior that we've noticed. Changes include:
- PFConfig can now get the X,Y coordinates of an HTML control location relative to the entire virtual screen.
- HTML controls can now be clicked by positioning the mouse over them and sending a hardware click event.
Version 3.0.0 Released
Feb 28, 2016
We are very excited to release Network Utilities 3.0.0. This version includes a major rewrite of the entire PFConfig application, as well as significant improvements to all other tools in the bundle. This version is a free upgrade for all users. Changes include (but are not limited to):
- PFConfig has been completely rewritten in .Net, currently targeting 3.5 for maximum compatibility with Windows 7, but works great on Windows 8.1 and 10 as well.
- PFConfig now uses the Internet Explorer 11 (trident) rendering engine to support almost every router.
- Support can now specify which version of Internet Explorer to use for older routers that do not work with IE11.
- Frame handling is now automatic for framed routers. This should make adding support for new framed routers much faster.
- PFConfig can now use the Windows SendKeys api call to attempt keyboard navigation of routers.
- Support for slow routers is vastly improved.
- Router IP address detection is significantly improved.
- HTTP Status Codes can now be used to determine if a login attempt was successful.
- The standard HTML error messages can now be automatically detected and login automatically retried.
Version 2.0.25 Released
May 21, 2015
This is a minor maintenance release to add some features that are needed by support to work with some hard to program routers. Changes include:
- Some routers were having a problem with unicode "space" characters. This has been fixed.
- The helper app was sometimes not starting because the path that it was in.
- The remote support application was sometimes not shutting itself off.
- Static IP Setter has been updated to work with virtual networks better.
Version 2.0.20 Released
Mar 9, 2015
This is a minor maintenance release to add support features for new routers. Changes include:
- Added the ability to simulate a click on some HTML elements.
- Added some new ways to set a controls value for some hard to parse HTML.
- Static IP Setter parser has been updated to work with foreign languages better.
Version 2.0.15 Released
Jan 17, 2015
This is a mostly cosmetic update, but it also fixes some Windows compatibility issues. Changes include:
- Changed most of the skin to rely less on third party DLL's and just did it the hard way with the Windows API.
- Updated common control references to work better with Windows 10 and Windows 7 x64.
- Added a feature where it's easier to post an image to the support team in the message system.
- Some minor internal changes about where settings are stored in the registry to make the external helper tools easier to work with.
Version 2.0.1 Released
Oct 6, 2014
We are very excited about this release. This is a major new release and is a free upgrade to all users. This is the first release that includes all of our products under a single bundle called "Port Forward Network Utilites", or PFNU, or just "Network Utilities". As a product it will make setting up and troubleshooting and port forwards much easier. Changes include:
- Created new front end application that has the ability to launch all of the included tools.
- Static IP Setter is now very reliable at applying DHCP and Static settings.
- Router Detector can now detect the manufacturer of most routers.
- Port Checker is pretty much 100% reliable at this point in time.
- Remote Support is integrated into PFConfig.
- Router Screenshot Grabber has been completely rewritten in .Net and is targeting version 3.5.
- Router Screenshot Grabber is now aware of virtual screens.
- Router Screenshot Grabber is now able to sync during capture instead of sending the entire capture at the end.